What to expect
What is it actually like to work in the sector? What can you expect when applying for a job in the homelessness sector?
In the sections below we cover:
* Entry level roles - read about the range of different jobs
* Literacy and numeracy - have you got the required levels?
* Recruitment and selection - disclosing your offending history
* Recruitment and selection - what you can expect and some top tips to help you secure that job
Entry level roles
There are a range of roles within the sector, including development roles, specialist roles, hostel-based roles and day centre roles:
Applying for jobs in the sector
Click on the links below for information on:
Offending history disclosure
1) Be honest
2) Follow the instructions given by the recruiting organisation
3) If in doubt, ring up the employer and ask what you should do